the time in the world

© Copyright

Creative Commons License
All articles and ilustrations of this Blog "ALEX MEINEMA" are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Spain License.

Friday, June 26, 2009

LEGENDS

Like every day, once I wake up, I turn on the television to see the latest news meanwhile I do the 140 excersises I do twice a day to combat the hernias in my back and neck. Today my smooth awakening was rudely interrupted as the first thing I saw/heard was the news that MICHAEL JACKSON has died. This is very sad, he is without any doubt the most successful pop-music artist since the death of Elvis Presley.
Really incredible, the spanish channel TELE5 dedicated 13 minutes at the beginning of the (30 minutes) news to this notice, I don't remember anybody else but the former Pope having received this honour.

He has shared my youth, although there are plenty of other singers and groups I prefer, I still love his music and his incredible way of dancing.

R.I.P. Michael, I hope you will be luckier upthere than the life you have lived among us. Thanks for being so generous with the weakest of our society.

Michael Jackson, Freddy Mercury, Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix, Charlie Parker, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe... Why does an artist has to die so young to be a LEGEND?

No comments:

Post a Comment